As part of the Ford Transition Project (FTP), Auto Skills Australia (ASA) has established an Outreach Centre to provide support for exited Ford & supply chain workers in Geelong at the newly opened Skills and Jobs Centre. The Centre will be staffed by an ASA representative.
The Outreach Centres will operate from November 7, 2016, through to April 30, 2017, and will provide exited workers an opportunity to speak to ASA and ensure that they are connected to relevant support services such as Outplacement Providers, jobactive providers, Skills & Job Centre, Training Organisations, Finance & Superannuation Services, Health & Wellbeing, Government Services and Community Networks.
Geelong ASA Outreach Centre:
- Location: Skills and Jobs Centre, Level 1, Westfield Centre, Corner of Malop & Yarra St, Geelong, Store number 2254-2255 (Located near Big W)
- Contact: Bob Hope, Mobile: 0419 271 835, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Times: Monday – Friday, 9.00am to 4.00pm
Your ASA outreach Centre will assist you in the following:
- Connection to your selected outplacement provider
- Government support services
- Connection to training organisations
- Health and well being programs
- Superannuation funds and financial planning
- Community networks and services
- Continuation of case management
- Advocacy support
- ASA gap funding up to 31 March 2017
- Advice and support
- Other services as required
Please see your ASA case manager for more details.
Written by Bob Hope, Ford Transition Program Area Coordinator – Geelong. Bob will be sharing his insights as a guest blogger during his time at The Gordon Skills and Jobs Centre.